Day 1: Germany - Deggendorf (Embarkation)
Welcome to Germany! Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Munich must arrive by noon. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Explore your ship and enjoy dinner on your fi rst evening on board.
Evening cruise to Passau. (B,D)
Day 2: Passau - Schlögen Oxbow - go for Baroque in Passau – where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers meet
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers.”
- Active: Follow your Avalon Adventure Host for Hiking from Oberhaus along a trail down to the valley and along the Ilz River.
Spend a little free time before sailing to Linz to walk the cobblestone streets and galleries of Artists’ Alley or peek into St. Stephen’s Cathedral to possibly catch a concert rehearsal.
This afternoon, cruise to Linz through the Schlögen Oxbow, a particularly beautiful horseshoe-shaped bend of the river. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Overnight docking in Linz. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Linz, Asutria - fall in love with Linz – legendary art, nusic, and the linzer torte!
- Classic: Take a Guided Walk through the city’s historic and beautiful sites along the shore of the Danube and see Hauptplatz—Austria’s largest medieval square—and the towering white-marble Trinity Column.
Consider a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg, the city of Mozart, or to the picturesque Bohemian town of Český Krumlov. Alternatively, feel free to enjoy the afternoon on your own to bike along the banks of the Danube with a picnic from the ship, or hike through Linz’s beautiful nature trails to Pöstlingberg for a bird’s-eye view of the city and river below.
Evening/overnight cruise to Melk. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Melk - Wachau Valley - striking frescoes and breathtaking views of the Wachau Valley
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnifi cent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ.
Later, stretch out on the Sky Deck as you sail through the Wachau Valley past vineyards, castles, and charming villages on your way to Dürnstein.
Durnstein - fairytale castles, kings, and cobblestones
- Classic: Join a Guided Walk, and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart—who was imprisoned in the castle during the Crusades, OR:
- Actrive: Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins to take in the spectacular view of the village, Danube, and the Wachau Valley below.
- Discovery: Enjoy the fl avors of the Wachau Valley at a Wine Tasting on board.
Later, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
Overnight cruise to Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Vienna - Strauss, schnitzel, strudel, and sachertorte
- Discovery: Join us for a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Vienna, including the Kuntskammer’s remarkable collection of more than 2,100 valuable objects, which were collected through the centuries by the emperors and archdukes of Habsburg.
- Classic: Later, choose a complimentary ticket for a local Viennese Museum Visit, or continue exploring with additional Guided Sightseeing.
You may decide to take a Guided Optional Excursion to Schönbrunn Palace—the former imperial summer home and vast gardens with a history spanning 300 years of the Habsburg monarchy.
In your free time why not stroll through pedestrian Kärntnerstrasse—the most famous shopping avenue in central Vienna. Take a bike ride through the city and stop in a local café to enjoy authentic Austrian confections of Sachertorte or Apfelstrudel.
Later this evening, you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
Overnight docking in Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Bratislava, Slovakia - classic and contemporary
Enjoy a leisurely morning sail to Bratislava.
- Classic: Take a Guided City Walk, including the quaint streets of Old Town, Town Hall, and fantastic St. Martin’s Cathedral.
Enjoy some free time to take Nordic walking sticks from the ship and hike to Bratislava Castle.
Overnight cruise to Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Budapest, Hungary - the pearl of the Danube in the heart of Europe
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes’ Square.
Take in the beauty of Budapest while enjoying a free afternoon exploring such famous sights as the Chain Bridge. Get to know the city’s cafés and pubs, or take a hike through the hills above the Danube.
Overnight docking in Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Budapest (disembarkation)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
A reverse course is also available on this cruise
Day 1, Budapest (Embarkation); Day 2, Budapest; Day 3, Bratislava; Day 4, Vienna; Day 5, Dürnstein–Wachau Valley–Melk; Day 6, Linz; Day 7, Passau; Day 8, Deggendorf (Disembarkation), your cruise ends this morning. Add Prague or Prague & Berlin to your cruise.
Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.