Day 1: Linz, Austria (embarkation)
Welcome to Austria. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Linz must arrive by 3:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Enjoy any free time today by shopping, exploring on your own, or stop in a café for Austria’s world-famous
Evening/overnight cruise to Engelhartszell. (D)
Day 2: Engelhartszell - Schlögen Oxbow - memories and beer in the making
- Classic: Visit the stunning rococo-style Engelszell Abbey, and explore its Sensory Garden—
complete with stone labyrinth, herb garden, and vineyard. Sample cheese and beer made by the resident Trappist monks.
Enjoy free time on the Sky Deck this afternoon while you sail through the amazing horseshoe bend of the
Danube’s Schlögen Oxbow on your way back to Linz Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Overnight docking in Linz. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Linz - Mauthausen -history lessons and monastic life in Austria
- Active: Take a Guided Bike Tour along the Danube and discover how fertile this area is. Stop at
a local farm and learn more about farming life and flood protection, OR:
- Classic: Visit the 9th-century St. Florian Monastery— the largest monastery in upper Austria and home to Augustine monks, OR:
- Classic: Join a sobering Guided Tour of Mauthausen Concentration Camp, one of the largest and most brutal Nazi camps of WWII.
In the afternoon sail to Grein.
Grein - theatre history and modern-day castles
- Classic: Take a Guided Walk of Grein, including its historic theatre, the oldest in Austria still holding regular performances.
- Discovery: See Burg Clam (Greinburg Castle) on a Guided Visit, and meet the Count of Clam during your tour.
Evening/overnight cruise to Spitz. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Spitz - take a hike, a canoe, or a bike to explore Austria’s wine country
- Active: Paddle a canoe on a Guided Tour to see the Austrian waterways and shoreline scenery
from a unique perspective, OR:
- Active: Take a Guided Bike Tour from Spitz to Krems, and enjoy a stop in Dürnstein to see the mesmerizing blue Stiftskirche, and to sample local specialties, OR:
- Discovery: Enjoy a Guided Tour that showcases the production of regional fruits, vegetables, wine, or other products OR
- Discovery: Join an interactive Wine World Experience with wine tasting
Relax this afternoon as you cruise toward Vienna.
This evening, perhaps join a Guided Optional Hike through the vineyards outside Vienna, with a wine tasting and dinner at a Heurigen wine tavern.
Overnight docking in Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Vienna - Strauss, schnitzel, strudel and sachertorte
- Active: Take a Guided Bike Tour along the famed Ringstrasse and pedestrian avenues of Vienna to see the city’s highlights from a unique perspective, OR:
- Active: Join a Guided Jogging Tour of the City of Music to see highlights of the gilded architecture along the way, OR:
- Discovery: Get an Insider’s Tour of Vienna to see special surprise sights, events, or attractions. You will meet locals, have the chance to prepare some food, and enjoy other surprises, OR:
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Vienna, including a tour of Belvedere Palace to see Gustave Klimt’s renowned “Kiss” painting.
Spend free time this afternoon strolling through the pedestrian Kärntnerstrasse then take a break for a piece of Sachertorte.
Overnight docking in Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Vienna - a feast for the soul in Vienna
- Discovery: Enjoy a morning Guided Walking Tour to see the city in her best light, along with breakfast at a Viennese café, OR:
- Classic: Dive into European history and drama with a Guided Tour of the Habsburg family’s private
art collection at the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Italian or Dutch master works, OR:
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of the Museum of Fine Arts, followed by the World Museum Vienna, commemorating the past of the Habsburg Empire.
This evening, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
Evening/overnight cruise to Visegrad. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Visegrad, Hungary - Jousting Tournaments and Dracula’s Tower
- Discovery: Join a Guided Excursion to the Medieval Knights Tournament at Visegrád’s Lower
Castle, featuring targeting and fi ghting demonstrations by members of the St. George Knightly Order, OR:
- Active: Take a Castle Visit and scenic Hiking Tour to Count Dracula’s prison tower in Visegrád, OR:
- Active: Take part in a Canoe Excursion through the
picturesque Bend Region of the Danube for a truly unique perspective of one of the river’s most beautiful stretches.
This afternoon, relax on the Sky Deck while sailing into Budapest and enjoy magnificent views of the beautiful Parliament Building.
Budapest - the pearl of the Danube
Take some free time this afternoon to explore the vibrant and stunning city of Budapest. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner on board your ship this evening.
Overnight docking in Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Budapest (Disembarkation) - bike, walk, and talk in Budapest
- Active: See the sights from a diff erent perspective by joining a Guided Bike Tour along the bike
paths of the city, OR:
- Discovery: Enjoy a Guided Walking Tour that includes some “Fungarian” instruction of useful local words and phrases, OR:
- Classic: Take a Guided Walking Tour of Budapest to see the city’s most iconic sites.
Spend free time shopping for Hungarian paprika or handcrafted souvenirs, or savour a piece of cream cake in one of the may cafes. (B)
Day 9: Budapest
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
This cruise also operates from Budapest to Linz
Day 1, Budapest (Embarkation); Day 2, Budapest; Day 3, Visegrád; Day 4, Vienna; Day 5, Vienna; Day 6,
Krems—Grein; Day 7, Grein—Mauthausen—Linz; Day 8, Engelhartszell—Linz; Day 9, Linz (Disembarkation), your vacation ends this morning.