Looking ahead to 2022/23?
Cosmos and Globus tours discounts.
Embarkation in Basel from 15:00 hours.
Notes about excursions listed for this vacation:
(1) These excursions are part of the optional Excursion Package that can be purchased in advance on MyCosmos.
(2) These optional excursions are available for purchase once on board. Meals included: Dinner
Your day begins in Strasbourg where you can have time at leisure or participate in the (1) Strasbourg city tour. Discover the many facets of the city such as the European parliament, the old town with its half-timbered houses and canals, and the world-famous Gothic cathedral. Then the cruise continues onto Koblenz.
(1) Excursion: Strasbourg city tour. During the tour of the European capital, you will see the many features of this wonderful city. The trip leads through the European quarter with its international institutions, through the German quarter with its magnificent imperial palace, and along the Ill Canal to the old town. We continue with a walk to the world-famous Strasbourg Cathedral with its unique astronomical clock and through the former tanners' quarter "Petite France", with the picturesque half-timbered houses. Among them, look out for the most famous one, the Maison Kammerzell, a richly decorated half-timbered building, to be found on the Cathedral Square. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
In Koblenz, sightseeing opportunities include an excursion (1) to the Eifel mountain area, with a visit to the Lava Dome Volcano Museum in Mendig, where you will discover interesting facts about the history of volcanism and the geological formation of the region. Passengers taking the excursion will rejoin the cruiseship in Königswinter.
(1) Excursion: The Lava Dome volcano museum. The Volcano Museum visit in the Eifel gives insights into the fascinating world of volcanism and takes on a journey through time into the history of the earth. You will experience spectacular multimedia volcanic eruptions and feel the breath of the volcanoes, without burning your fingers. Talking stones tell of four major volcanic eruptions of bygone times. The computer-animated show appeals to all senses to immerse the visitor in the original world of the Eifel volcanoes. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today we arrive in the bustling city of Amsterdam. You can either spend time at leisure or partake in the excursion (1) to the Rijksmuseum with its collection of masterpieces from the Dutch Golden Age. On select departures in March and April, instead of the Rijksmuseum you will have the unique opportunity to visit the Keukenhof gardens, an impressive display of colorful tulips in bloom. In the early evening you can sign up for an (2) optional romantic canal cruise.
(1) Excursion: Rijksmuseum visit. The excursion takes you to the Rijksmuseum with its wonderful exhibitions and stunning architecture. The great highlights consist of the work of the Golden Age of Dutch art from the 17th century and the collection of paintings by great artists such as Rembrandt, Vermeer and many others. Indulge in the world of classical art. N.B.: If you are cruising on the Rhine in March and April, instead of the Rijksmuseum you will enjoy a visit to the world-famous Keukenhof gardens, one of the most visited places in Europe during springtime. During the Middle Ages the park belonged to Countess Jacoba of Bavaria, but since 1949 it offers the largest outdoors flower display in the world. There are hundreds of different types of tulips in many colors and shapes from approximately 90 farmers, delighting visitors with new creations.
(2) Excursion: Amsterdam Canal cruise. Did you know that Amsterdam has 165 canals, 1281 bridges, 70 tour boats, 8 wooden drawbridges, 2500 houseboats and 120 pedal boats? The canals are the narrow waterways that run through the entire city center of Amsterdam in several rings and are spanned by numerous bridges. The canal network of Amsterdam was mainly laid out in the 17th century to drain and defend the city and to transport goods to and from the warehouses and merchants' houses built directly on it. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Enjoy the amenities on board while cruising to Duisburg. In the afternoon, an excursion (1) is available from Duisburg to Essen to the Zeche Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site representative of the development of traditional heavy industries in Europe. Alternatively you can (2) purchase a transfer to Düsseldorf for time at leisure. In the meantime, the ship continues to Düsseldorf.
(1) Excursion: The Ruhr area and Zeche Zollverein. On the way to the Zeche Zollverein you will discover interesting facts about the Ruhr area. The Zeche Zollverein was an active hard coal mine in Essen from 1851 to 1986. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2001 and is now an architectural and industrial monument. It is considered a center for cultural and creative industries with a focus on design and architecture.
(2) Transfer to Düsseldorf. Transfer from Duisburg to Düsseldorf for individual sightseeing. Board the ship again in Düsseldorf. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Arrival in Koblenz in the morning. Discover the city center at leisure, or take the opportunity to join the (1) Koblenz sightseeing tour, where you will discover a lot of interesting facts about the city, and take the cable car to explore the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. In the afternoon, while cruising along the “Romantic Rhine”, listen to a local explaining the unique cultural landscapes.
(1) Excursion: Koblenz and Ehrenbreitstein Fortress visit. The sightseeing tour through Koblenz reveals hidden places and tells the stories of the town. In particular, the romantic streets between the Basilica of St. Castor and the Church of Our Lady which are popular with tourists. You cannot miss the monument in honor of Emperor Wilhelm, who brought about the complete unification of the German Empire in the 19th century. After the tour, take the cable car to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. After a brief orientation tour you can explore the fortress on your own. Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today there is the opportunity to join an excursion from Plittersdorf to (1) Baden-Baden. The spa and art city delights with its atmosphere, magnificent mansions and manicured parks.
(1) Excursion: Baden-Baden. The city is a world-famous spa town and is known today primarily for its spa waters, but also as a holiday resort, media and art town and international festival town. The Romans used the hot thermal springs here. After the city tour and some free time, return to the ship in Kehl . Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Disembarkation after breakfast and end of your cruise.
The optional shore excursion package, bookable separately, on departures from March 19 to April 23 will include a visit to Keukenhof Gardens instead of Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.
Our cruises are popular with international customers and announcements on board the ships will be made in multiple European languages. Our Cruise Director speaks English and German.
Prices shown exclude flights and transfers, call Cosmos to add flights
Cosmos brochure price in black from £309
Travel 55 discount price in red from £288
Telephone Cosmos on 0330 0588 237 and quote the code TRAVEL55
|Tour 4020 starts and ends in Basel. Departure dates and prices from.|
|Dates||Prices from||Dates||Prices from|
|July 9, 30||£669
Prices shown exclude flights. Book your flights with us and your holiday is ATOL protected.. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy. Please see Cosmos Terms & Conditions for further details. Please check tour details with the operator at time of booking as Cennet Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors showing on it’s website.
Take in the natural beauty along the ever romantic Rhine. Explore the city of Strasbourg with its half-timbered houses, as well as the unique Lava Dome Volcano Museum in Mendig. See the “German Corner” in Koblenz, at the confluence of the Rhine and the Moselle rivers, as part of the optional excursion package. Visit the Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex—a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy Amsterdam with the opportunity to visit the stunning Rijksmuseum with its collection of masterpieces from the Dutch Golden Age, except on select March and April departures, when you will experience the colorful tulip gardens in bloom at Keukenhof.
This picturesque Edelweiss - Flowers of the Rhine river cruise comes with a 7% discount saving when you book direct with Cosmos. Call on 0330 0588 237 and quote the code TRAVEL55
Travel 55 in association with Cosmos. To book call direct on 0330 0588 237 and quote the code TRAVEL55 you will then receive a 7% discount from the Cosmos price.
What's not included
MS Edelweiss was built in 2013. With 90 cabins for up to 180 passengers, the 4-star cruise liner promises a luxurious experience. Ship's impressive atrium welcomes guests onboard. The decor of Edelweiss is characterized by modern design.
All cabins are located outside, are comfortable and luxuriously furnished. On the upper and middle deck with French balcony (glass sliding doors), on the main deck, the smaller windows are not open for safety reasons.
All cabins are equipped with shower/WC, hairdryer, flat screen TV, radio, refrigerator, safe, hairdryer, house telephone and air conditioning.
Tour prices are shown without flights: make your own arrangements, or purchase your flights with us from most UK airports. All flight-inclusive tours are ATOL-protected, so you can book with confidence.
Value for money
Cosmos River cruises are exceptional value for money, getting you closer to the heart of the destination without the price tag. Prices start from just £299pp, full board, for an 8-day cruise! Explore each of the eight cruises to discover what's included.
With Cosmos River Cruise, there's no stuffy atmosphere or high expectations. You're on holiday, so relax. The informal and casual style of our journeys means you can focus on what's important - exploring somewhere new.
Introduction to cruising
New to cruising? Whether you are looking to try an alternative to ocean cruising, or are a first-timer but aren't sure where to start, the laid-back and informal style make Cosmos River Cruises the perfect introduction.
Personalise your stay
Pick from a range of excursions (many are included), or stay onboard and relax. Or if active holidays are more your idea of fun, discover our special interest voyage for keen cyclists.