This delicious garlic cheese bread is easy to make, simply layer garlic butter, cheese and mayonnaise on top of sliced French bread and bake it in the oven. You could experiment with different types of cheese in this recipe—a good option would be an Italian cheese blend. I like to serve this bread with spaghetti or pretty much any Italian dish. It is also great to serve alone as an appetizer for football season or parties. If you want to use both halves of the bread, the other ingredients can easily be doubled to make a large batch that will feed a lot of people. It is very moreish.
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ loaf French bread
- dried parsley flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Place one of the halves onto a baking sheet cut-side up. You can save the other half for another use. In a small bowl mix together the softened butter and garlic using a fork until the garlic is well incorporated into the butter.
- In another bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and the mayonnaise using a spoon. Spread the garlic and butter mixture in an even layer on top of the French bread. Next spread the cheese and mayonnaise mixture in an even layer on top of the garlic butter. Sprinkle some of the dried parsley on top of the cheese layer.
- Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees F. for about 12-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe by kind permission of Blog Chef