We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Cennet Limited, uses and is responsible for certain personal information provided by you. When we use such information we are regulated under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We are a website that operates as an intermediary between holiday providers and customers. We put you into contact with holiday providers who will provide you with brochures which detail the current holiday packages and deals offered by them. We also provide a newsletter which informs you of the most recent offers and deals and general travel information.
We will only use your data should you provide your consent to do so. To consent to your data being passed to holiday providers, please tick the ‘opt-in’ option.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our operations, acting as an intermediary between customers and holiday providers we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Names, email addresses and residential addresses
• Should you choose to enquire about our Group Travel Services, we will require further information regarding your company or organisation
How we use your personal information
We use your information to:
• We pass your information onto holiday providers who will inform you of their latest holiday packages and deals;
• Email our newsletter to you, should you consent to receiving it by way of the opt-in tick box when requesting brochures;
• Provide you with quotations, package deals and itineraries based on the information you have provided;
• Inform you of other services provided by Cennet Limited.
Who we share your personal information with:
We routinely share your personal information with third parties.
The third parties who process your data are the Holiday Providers and Mail Chimp.
Your information is provided to Holiday Providers who will then send you brochures by post. You will only receive brochures which you have selected within the option menus. We will remain as Data Controller and the Holiday Providers will remain as Data Processor (in accordance with the definitions provided by Data Protection Legislation). Please visit the relevant Holiday Providers website for their own Privacy Notice.
The holiday providers we share your information with are:
- Archers Holidays
- Avalon Waterways
- Back-Roads Touring
- Glenton Holidays
- Trafalgar Tours
- Gold Crest Holidays
- Grand UK Holidays
- Just You Singles Holidays
- Leger Holidays
- Mistral Holidays
- Shearings Holidays
Mail Chimp provides online platforms that include creating, sending, and managing emails and other information related to you. This data sharing enables us to distribute our email newsletter to you, keeping you informed with deals and offers of holiday providers. Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area – for further information on how your data is processed by Mail Chimp please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. We will remain as Data Controller and Mail Chimp will remain as Data Processor (in accordance with the definitions provided by Data Protection Legislation).
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your name, address, delivery address and email address is required from you to enable us to send you our newsletter via Mail Chimp. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
• We will hold your name, address and contact details for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK tax law (currently 6 years)
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on Article 6 of the Regulations as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your name, address, delivery address and email address. Our legitimate interests are for the distribution of our newsletter to inform you of all offers and deals which may be offered by holiday providers from time to time and you provide your consent for this.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We will transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as follows:
• United States of America; in order to provide you with our newsletter to inform you of all offers and deals which may be offered by holiday providers from time to time we send your data to Mail Chimp.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘Contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• let us have enough information to identify your registration details,
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 5 days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 03/05/2018 and last updated on 03/05/2018
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our email newsletter
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com
Cennet Limited Company No. 04043537
Registered Address: 208 Station Road, Glenfield, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 8GT