Greek salad is a delicious summer salad consisting of ingredients such as lettuce, olives, feta cheese, and red onion, but like almost any salad, it’s the dressing that makes the salad so special. It is important to allow this dressing to chill for at least 2 hours so the flavours can blend. There is a little preparation involved but in the end, it’s well worth the effort. If you want to add a little protein, sliced grilled chicken would be great in this salad.
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head romaine lettuce (torn, with outer leaves removed)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and chopped)
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded, and chopped)
- ½ lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- To make the dressing- in a blender add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, basil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Pour into a dressing bottle and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green pepper, feta cheese, and olives. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Recipe by kind permission of Blog Chef