Day 1: Paris, France (embarkation)
Welcome to France! Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Paris must arrive by 2:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Your day is free to explore the world’s most romantic city before starting your cruise on the Seine. Get acquainted with the City of Light today with some shopping, strolling, or with a croissant and café au lait to watch the world go by amid the Parisian cityscape. (D)
Evening/overnight cruise to Vernon
Day 2: Vernon - Monet’s muses, castle courtyards, and crêpes du jour
Start the day with a Morning Stretch with your Avalon Adventure Host.
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of Giverny, home and inspiration of the master impressionist painter Claude Monet. Walk the grounds and see Monet’s charming residence, and the fl ower and water gardens captured in his masterpieces, OR:
- Classic: Join a Guided Visit to Bizy Castle—called “Normandy’s Versailles” for its magnifi cent courtyard, water garden, and stables.
- Disovery: While sailing, enjoy a traditional French Luncheon of authentic French crêpes, followed by a Pastry Demonstration.
This afternoon, enjoy cruising to the picturesque town of Les Andelys.
Serenity on the Seine’s Most Beautiful Riverbends.
- Classic: Take a Guided Walking Tour of Les Andelys—one of France’s most picturesque spots on the Seine, OR:
- Active: Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins of Château Gaillard—historic home of King Richard the Lionheart.
Evening/overnight cruise to Caudebec. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Caudebec - churches, cherry orchards, and white cliffs of Normandy
- Active: Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Jog in Normandy’s town of Caudebec.
- Classic: Take a Guided Trip along the Normandy Abbeys Route—where more than 100 medieval Benedictine and Augustine abbeys and churches were built along the Seine, OR:
- Active: Explore Boucles de la Seine Normande with a Guided Hike of Normandy’s vast regional nature park in a region rich in apple, plum, pear, and cherry orchards.
This afternoon, you may choose a Guided Optional Excursion to the old seaside town of Honfleur. Later enjoy live entertainment on board.
Overnight docking in Caudebec. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Caudebec - excursion to Normandy - heroic bravery and French farming traditions
- Classic: Join a Guided Tour of the WWII landing beaches of Normandy, with a full-day tour of signifi cant U.S. sites, including Omaha Beach, the Pointe du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery, OR:
- Classic: Take a full-day Guided Tour of the British and Canadian commemorative sites, including the British cemetery, Pegasus Memorial, the seaside town of Arromanches, the Juno Beach Centre, and the Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery, OR:
- Classic: Join “A Taste of Normandy” Guided Tour for an in-depth look at this rich agricultural region. See the famous Bayeux Tapestry, visit the beautiful village of Beuvron en Auge and taste Calvados apple brandy at a local distillery
Later, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
Evening cruise to Rouen. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Rouen - The Cathedral of Notre-Dame and a heroine for France
- Classic: Take a Guided Waking Tour of Rouen—home of the martyred Saint Joan of Arc—and see the medieval quarter with its 16th-century Astronomical Clock, and Notre-Dame Cathedral.
Enjoy onboard entertainment before setting sail this evening.
Evening/overnight cruise to Conflans. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Conflans - In the footsteps of Van Gogh, Bonaparte, and Louis XIV
- Classic: Join a Guided Visit to Auvers-sur-Oise, home and resting place of Vincent van Gogh, OR:
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of the opulent Château de Malmaison—home of Napoléon Bonaparte and his wife Josephine.
Perhaps, join a Guided Optional Excursion tour of the Palace of Versailles—home to a succession of French kings.
Evening cruise to Paris. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Paris - cafés, cathedrals, and canvases — the city of lights truly shines
- Active: Take a Morning Walk with your Avalon Adventure Host to see Paris at first light.
- Classic: Take a Guided Walking Tour through the Heart of Paris to see the historic Île St. Louis, Île de la Cité, and Notre-Dame Cathedral, OR:
- Classic: Join a Guided City Tour, that shows you the iconic sites of Paris, such as the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, Opéra Garnier, and the famous Champs-Élysées.
Stroll through Paris on your own , or linger over wine in a literary café on the Left Bank.
Overnight docking in Paris. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Paris (disembarkation) - Dijon - Beaune - St Jena de Losne (embarkation)
Take a High-Speed Train from Paris to Dijon, to drive on to Beaune.
- Classic: Visit the Hôtel-Dieu Charity Hospital, built in 1443, today home of Van der Weyden’s painting of the Last Judgement.
This afternoon, travel to St. Jean de Losne to board your Suite Ship.
Overnightcruise to Macon. (B,D)
Day 9: Maçon - wine and cheese on the stunning Saône
Enjoy leisurely cruising en route to Mâcon this morning along the majestic Saône River. Consider a Guided Optional Excursion to a Chardonnay wine cellar, or to the Castle of Cormatin.
- Discovery: Later, enjoy a delicious Cheese Tasting on board your ship.
Enjoy live entertainment while sailing for Trévoux this evening.
Overnight docking in Trevoux. (B,L,D)
Day 10: Lyon - adventures in food and wine in the gastronomy capital of France
Sail for lovely Lyon this morning.
- Classic: Join a Guided Sightseeing Tour to survey Lyon with its numerous churches from Fourvière Hill. You’ll also explore the Old Town with its maze of medieval alleyways, and the lively cafés, monuments, and famed fountain of Place des Terreaux
- Discovery: Attend a WWII and French Resistance Lecture on board your ship
Lve entertainment after dinner.
Overnight docking in Lyon. (B,L,D)
Day 11: Lyon - French food and wine — la vie en rose in Lyon
- Classic: Join a Culinary Walk through the city to discover why it is known as the gastronomic
capital of France.
The rest of your day is free to explore, relax, or shop in France’s third largest city. Take a bike from the ship and explore local produce markets and parks, or take a leisurely tour of the city’s more than 100 murals. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Evening cruise to Tournon. (B,L,D)
Day 12: Touron - a rendezvous with castle views and vineyards
- Classic: Take a morning Guided Walking Tour to explore Tournon—one of France’s oldest medieval cities. See its 16th-century castle, and Roman ruins between the Rhône River and the granite slopes of the Hermitage.
Enjoy a leisurely sail to Viviers after lunch.
Viviers - world history in a charming French country village
- Classic: Explore the pale-stone buildings of Viviers on a late afternoon Guided Walking Tour of this charming village. You’ll see its Romanesque cathedral and Old Town with a mix of historical Christian, Roman, and medieval influences.
Evening/overnight cruise to Avignon. (B,L,D)
Day 13: Avignon - the City of Popes in picturesque Provence
- Classic: Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the fortress city of Avignon—with its ramparts encircling the city—and a visit to the amazing Palace of the Popes.
Guided Optional Excursions include a visit to the ancient Roman aqueduct of Pont du Gard, or a trip to the famed wine cellars of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a true taste of the Rhône wine region.
Explore Avignon on your own for the city’s art and culture, theatre, and museums. Be sure to snap photos of the captivating countryside, historic monuments, and the medieval Pont Saint-Bénézet.
Later, enjoy onboard live entertainment.
Evening cruise to Arles. (B,L,D)
Day 14: Arles - inspiring sights and avant-garde lights
- Active: Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Walk
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided Walking Tour of Arles—the captivating city of the Provence region. You’ll visit the Roman Amphitheatre in this visually stunning city that inspired the works of Vincent van Gogh. OR
- Discovery: Attend a Painting Workshop to learn the style and techniques of Vincent van Gogh. You’ll
create your own painting in the style of the classic master who took inspiration from the Provence light and landscape in Arles
Consider also a Guided Optional Excursion to the Carrières de Lumières (Cathedral of Images) for a truly unique experience of art, sound, and light in the old quarries of Val d’Enfer.
Take advantage of any free time with a stop in Le Café Van Gogh for a glass of wine to relax and watch the world go by.
Evening cruise to Port-Saint-Louis. (B,L,D)
Day 15: Port-Saint-Louis (disembarkation)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
This cruise is also available from Port-Saint-Louis to Paris
Day 1, Port-Saint-Louis (Embarkation); Day 2, Arles; Day 3, Avignon; Day 4, Viviers; Day 5, Tournon–Vienne; Day 6, Lyon; Day 7, Tournus–St. Jean de Losne; Day 8, St. Jean de Losne (Disembarkation)–Beaune–Dijon–Paris (Embarkation); Day 9, Vernon–Les Andelys; Day 10, Caudebec; Day 11, Caudebec. Normandy excursions; Day 12, Rouen; Day 13, Confl ans–Paris; Day 14, Paris; Day 15, Paris (Disembarkation), your cruise ends this morning.
Special interest cruises - looking to enrich your adventures while you sail?
WWII Remembrance & History Cruise, WWII Remembrance and History Culinary cruise and Wine Appreciation cruises are all available to help you delve deeper into what you’re passionate about. Call for itinerary modifications and inclusions.
In the event that a high-speed train is unavailable due to operational or technical reasons, the route will be altered or operated by motorcoach. Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.