Day 1: Nuremberg, Germany (embarkation)
Welcome to Germany. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding
Flights into Nuremberg must arrive by 3:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Explore your ship this evening and enjoy dinner on board. (D)
Overnight docking in Nuremberg
Day 2: Roth. Living heritage and history lessons
Start the day with a Morning Stretch with the Avalon Adventure Host, and dock in Roth for a day of fascinating excursions.
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the Bavarian town of Roth—with its halftimbered
houses, market square, and 1535 hunting lodge Schloss Ratibor, OR:
- Classic: Choose a Guided Tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR:
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich.
- Discovery: Enjoy an Onboard Lecture about the MainDanube Canal—linking these two rivers to make a vital connection enabling navigation between the North and Black Seas.
Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Afternoon/overnight cruise to Regensburg. (B,D)
Day 3: Regensburg - magical Regensburg — Bavaria’s medieval miracle
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk of the Old Town to see the Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria—built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress.
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg.
Spend a free afternoon exploring Regensburg on foot or by bike through its charming streets.
- Discovery: Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board.
This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner as you cruise toward Passau.
Evening/overnight cruise to Passau. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Passau - go for Baroque in Passau – where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers meet
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers,” OR:
Join a full day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg— the city of Mozart—or a full day Guided Optional Excursion to the picturesque Bohemian town of Český Krumlov.
Sail to Linz this afternoon, or join your ship after your selected full-day excursion.
Linz, Austria - the linzer torte and a legendary love of art and music
Enjoy a free afternoon to linger in Linz. Take a bicycle from the ship and cycle along the Danube, or follow one of Linz’s many nature trails for a bird’s-eye view of the city and river below.
Overnight cruise to Melk. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Melk - Wachau Valley - striking frescoes and breathtaking views of the Wachau Valley
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnifi cent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ, OR:
- Active: Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Hike through Melk’s beautiful countryside.
Enjoy a coffee or a cocktail on the Sky Deck as you sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to Vienna.
Vienna - Vienna waltzes and the beautiful Blue Danube
This evening, you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
Overnight docking in Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Vienna - royal collections, amusing attractions, and culinary confections
- Classic: Venture into the Habsburg empire this morning on a Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex—the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
Join a Guided Optional Excursion to Schönbrunn Palace—a Habsburg Empire summer home for 300 years. This afternoon, enjoy free time to take a tram to visit Austria’s Prater amusement park or one of the many museums nearby. You may also decide to borrow a bike from the ship to explore the streets and squares of Vienna, or ride along the banks of the Danube at your leisure.
Later, relax on board with live entertainment as you sail to Budapest.
Evening/overnight cruise to Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Budapest, Hungary - the pearl of the Danube in the heart of Europe
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes’ Square.
Take free time to enjoy Budapest’s famed thermal baths. You can also take a scenic hike in the hills above the Danube. Take time to explore the city’s cafés, pubs, and nightlife at your leisure.
Overnight docking in Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 10: Budapest (disembarkation)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Special interest cruises
Looking to enrich your adventures while you sail? A Jewish Heritage cruise is available to help you
delve deeper into what you’re passionate about. Call for itinerary modifications and inclusions.
In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary. Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.