Day 1: Budapest,Hungary (embarkation)
Welcome to Hungary. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding
Flights into Budapest must arrive by 2 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
The day is yours to relax and enjoy the city with time for photographs, cafés, and confections.
Evening/overnight cruise to Vienna. (D)
Day 2: Vienna, Austria - Vienna waltzes and the beautiful Blue Danube
Start the day with a Morning Stretch with your Avalon Adventure Host.
Enjoy sailing the Danube, which shares dozens of miles with Hungary and Slovakia. Relax on the Sky Deck to see the rolling landscape and red-rooftops of the Slovakian capital of Bratislava come into view.
This evening in Vienna, you may choose to join an Optional Excursion to attend a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
Overnight docking in Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Vienna - royal collections, amusing attractions
- Classic: Venture into the Habsburg empire this morning on a Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex—the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
Join a Guided Optional Excursion to Schönbrunn Palace—a Habsburg Empire summer home for 300 years. This afternoon, enjoy free time to take a tram to visit Austria’s Prater amusement park or one of the many museums nearby. You may also decide to borrow a bike from the ship to explore the streets and squares of Vienna, or ride along the banks of the Danube at your leisure. Later enjoy live entertainment on board.
Overnight cruise to Dürnstein. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Dürnstein - fairytale castles, kings, and cobblestones of delightful Dürnstein
- Classic: Join a Guided Walk, and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart—who was imprisoned in the castle above the village during the Crusades, OR:
- Active: Join a Hike up to the castle ruins with your Adventure Host for a spectacular view of the village, Danube, and the Wachau Valley below.
Enjoy coffee or a cocktail on the Sky Deck as you sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk.
Melk - ornate architecture and scenic splendours
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnifi cent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ.
- Discovery: Enjoy the flavours of the Wachau Valley with a Wine Tasting on board.
Evening/overnight cruise to Passau. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Passau, Germany - go for Baroque in Passau – where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers meet
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers
Alternatively, join a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg—the city of Mozart—or to the picturesque Bohemian town of Ceský Krumlov. Meet your ship back in Passau after your full-day selected activity for sailing.
Evening/overnight cruise to Regensburg. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Regensburg - magical Regensburg — Bavaria’s medieval miracle
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk and see the Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria— built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress.
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg. Spend a free afternoon exploring Regensburg on foot or by bike through its charming streets.
- Discovery: Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board.
This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner.
Evening/overnight cruise to Roth.
Day 7: Roth. Excursion to Nuremberg - living heritage and history lessons
- Discovery: Enjoy an Onboard Lecture about the MainDanube Canal—linking these two rivers to make a vital connection enabling navigation between the North and Black Seas.
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the Bavarian town of Roth—with its half-timbered
houses, market square, and 1535 hunting lodge Schloss Ratibor, OR:
- Classic: Choose a Guided Sightseeing of Nuremberg—with its medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR:
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich
Evening cruise to Nuremberg. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Nuremberg (disembarkation)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Special interest cruises - Looking to enrich your adventures while you sail?
Festive time cruise is available - call for itinerary modifications and inclusions.
In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary. Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.
Avalon knows there is more than one way to explore new destinations.
In addition to included Active, Discovery, and Classic excursions and activities, they offer Guided Optional Excursions designed to personalize your experience even more. And they are there with plenty of free-time suggestions to help you get the most out of every adventure.
Join a Guided City Tour of Vienna to see the Imperial Palace, Vienna Opera House, and spectacular St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
Join a Guided Optional Excursion to discover the Habsburg home and gardens at the spectacular Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna.
Spend free time to sample local dishes, libations, and confections.