Day 1: Amsterdam, Holland (embarkation)
Welcome to Holand. Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Amsterdam must arrive by 3:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Culinary Walk through Amsterdam to sample savory and sweet Dutch specialties. During tulip season, you may take a Guided Optional Excursion to the gardens at Keukenhof—with more than seven million tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths as well as other bulbs planted each year. Outside of tulip season, consider joining a Guided Optional Excursion to Zaanse Schans to see historic windmills and charming Dutch houses. Spend free time exploring the colorful streets, bridges, and
canals of Amsterdam—with its many cafés and art galleries.
Overnight docking in Amsterdam. (D)
Day 2: Amsterdam - canals of colourful Amsterdam
- Classic: Explore the iconic waterways of Amsterdam with a Guided Canal Cruise past stately homes of Amsterdam’s “Golden Age.”
You may like to join a Guided Optional Excursion to Muiderslot Castle, or a Guided Optional Biking Excursion to the Dutch countryside.
Evening/overnight cruise to Cologne. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Cologne, Germany - Prost! celebrate in the Rhineland
Start the day with a Morning Stretch with your Avalon Adventure Host.
- Classic: Take a Guided City Walk of Cologne—explore the Old City and see its soaring twin-steepled gothic cathedral, OR:
- Discovery: Join a Guided Walking Tour of Cologne’s important Jewish heritage sites.
Don’t miss the chance to enjoy free time over a glass of Kölsch pale lager—locally brewed for over 100 years! This evening, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
Overnight cruise to Rudesheim. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Rüdesheim - Rhine Gorge - eat, drink, and be merry in wine country
This morning cruise through the dramatic Rhine Gorge and see the famous rock of The Lorelei.
- Discovery: Tour the incredible Mechanical Music Museum for a one-of-a-kind instrumental experience, OR:
- Active: Take an open-air cable car ride to the Niederwald Monument. Ride or walk back down through the vineyards.
- Discovery: Based on your departure date, enjoy either a Coffee Tasting or a Wine Tasting.
Later, local musicians will join us on board for live entertainment.
Evening/overnight cruise to Main river village. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Main River Village - hidden gems and beauty of a Main river village
Start the day with a Morning Stretch with your Avalon Adventure Host.
- Classic: Join a Guided Walking Tour of a picturesque Bavarian village.
Spend free time riding a bike through the beautiful villages on the Main River shores.
Evening/overnight cruise to Wurzburg. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Würzburg - a perfect day in the Pearl of the Romantic Road
- Classic: Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the “Pearl of the Romantic Road” with its Old Main Bridge, towering fortress, and baroque Bishop’s Residenz—with the largest known ceiling fresco.
Enjoy the city on your own, or visit a local winery.
Overnight docking in Wurzburg. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Marktbreit. Volkach - storybook romance in a timeless town
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to the beautiful town of Rothenburg. See the local sights and enjoy the fairytale atmosphere that has inspired artists. Join your Ship in Volkach and get ready for your afternoon activity
- Join a Walking Tour of the quaint town of Volkach with its half-timbered houses and cobblestoned streets
Afternoon/overnight cruise to Bamberg. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Bamberg - one thousand years of history in the City of Seven Hills
- Classic: Take a Guided Walking Tour of the former home to imperial dynasties, and see its Romanesque cathedral, Old Town Hall, and seven hills crowned with churches.
Enjoy a live entertainment performance while sailing this evening. Afternoon/overnight cruise to Roth. (B,L,D)
Day 9: Roth. Excursion to Nuremberg - living heritage and history lessons
- Active: Go for an early Morning Jog with your Avalon Adventure Host
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the Bavarian town of Roth—with its half-timbered
houses, market square, and 1535 hunting lodge Schloss Ratibor, OR:
- Classic: Choose a Guided Tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic
cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR
- Classic: Join a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich.
- Discovery: Enjoy an Onboard Lecture about the Main-Danube Canal—linking these two rivers to
make a vital connection enabling navigation between the North and Black Seas
Afternoon/overnight cruise to Regensburg. (B,L,D)
Day 10: Regensburg - magical Regensburg—Bavaria’s medieval miracle
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk to see the Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria— built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress.
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg.
Spend a free afternoon exploring Regensburg on foot or by bike through its charming streets. This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner.
Evening/overnight cruise to Passau. (B,L,D)
Day 11: Passau - go for Baroque in Passau – where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers meet
- Classic: Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers.”
You may join a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg, the city of Mozart, or a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to the picturesque Bohemian town of Ceský Krumlov. Sail to Linz this afternoon, or join your ship after your selected full-day excursion.
LINZ, AUSTRIA -A Legendary Love of Art, Music, and the Linzer Torte
This evening, feel free to explore Linz on your own.
Overnight cruise to Melk. (B,L,D)
Day 12: Melk - Wachau Valley - striking frescoes and breathtaking views of the Wachau Valley
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of the frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ of Melk’s Benedictine Abbey.
Enjoy a coffee or cocktail on the Sky Deck as you sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to wonderful Vienna this afternoon.
Vienna - Vienna waltzes and Blue Danube beauty
Consider joining a Guided Optional Excursion to attend a Royal Waltz Concert in an elegant hall this evening.
Overnight docking in Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 13: Vienna - royal collections, amusing attractions, and culinary confections
- Classic: Venture into the Habsburg Empire with a morning Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex— the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
Join a Guided Optional Excursion to Schönbrunn Palace— the Habsburg family summer home for 300 years, or choose a Guided Optional Excursion to fascinating Bratislava, capital of Slovakia.
You may also take a tram to Austria’s Prater amusement park or to one of the many museums nearby. Later, relax onboard with live entertainment as you sail to Budapest.
Evening/overnight cruise to Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 14: Budapest, Hungary - The Pearl of the Danube in the heart of Europe
- Classic: Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing tour of Budapest, including the iconic Heroes’ Square.
The afternoon is free to enjoy Budapest on your own. Be sure to savour a piece of cream cake in the world-famous Gerbeaud Café. Consider a scenic hike in the hills above the Danube.
Overnight docking in Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 15: Budapest (disembarkation)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
A reverse cruise option is also available from Budapest to Amsterdam
Day 1, Budapest (Embarkation); Day 2, Budapest; Day 3, Bratislava; Day 4, Vienna; Day 5, Dürnstein–Wachau Valley–Melk; Day 6, Passau; Day 7, Regensburg; Day 8, Roth. Excursion to Nuremberg; Day 9, Bamberg; Day 10, Würzburg; Day 11, Main River Village; Day 12, Rüdesheim– Rhine Gorge; Day 13, Cologne; Day 14, Amsterdam; Day 15, Amsterdam (Disembarkation), your cruise ends this morning.
Special interest cruises -
Looking to enrich your adventures while you sail? A Beer Tasting cruise is available to help you delve deeper into what you’re passionate about. Call for itinerary modifications and inclusions.
In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary. Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.