Day 1: AmsterdamHolland (embarkation)
Welcome to Holland. Your Suite Ship is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Amsterdam must arrive by 3:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Your day in Amsterdam is free to explore at your leisure. You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to beautiful Zaanse Schans where you’ll see a wonderful collection of well-preserved historic windmills and Dutch houses.
Enjoy dinner and explore the ship on your first night on board.
Evening/overnight cruise to Rotterdam. (D)
Day 2: Rotterdam - windmills and skyscrapers in Holland’s modern maritime marvel
- Classic: Join a full- or half-day Guided Tour of breathtaking Keukenhof—known as the “Garden of Europe”—for its 70 acres of lush parkland, lakes, and the world’s largest fl ower gardens—with more than seven million tulips, daffodils and hyacinths as well as other bulbs, planted each year.
Take some free time to relax on the harbour-side in Rotterdam with an artisan beer, a slice of appeltart (Dutch apple pie), and a koffie verkeerd, a typical Dutch drink of half coffee, half milk. Take a bike from your ship to explore Rotterdam and the surrounding area.
Before dinner, enjoy a cruise through Rotterdam harbor. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board. Evening/overnight cruise to Antwerp. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Antwerp, Belgium - gothic cathedral, crêpes, and waffles in artful Antwerp
- Classic: Take a Guided Tour of this sophisticated city to visit the central Grote Markt, lined with 16th-century guildhall houses. You’ll also see the beautiful city hall, the Cathedral of Our Lady with its stunning altarpiece paintings by Rubens.
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to the nearby capital, Brussels—considered home to the European Union, and admire its magnifi cent palaces and cathedrals.
You might prefer to take time on your own to indulge in Antwerp’s signature Belgian waffes and crêpes—or explore this bike-friendly city from its old wharfs to its legendary diamond district. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.
Evening/overnight cruise to Ghent. (B,L,D)
Day 4: Ghent - Ghent’s cobblestones, canals, and cosmopolitan charisma
You’ll have time for an early-morning walk (or jog) to explore the architecture and canals of Ghent—“Belgium’s best-kept secret.”
- Classic: Explore Ghent—“The Diamond of Flanders”— with a Guided Sightseeing Tour of this showcase of medieval Flemish wealth. You’ll visit St. Bavo’s Cathedral—with its remarkable Flemish artwork.
You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion of Bruges to explore its canals, cobbled streets, and medieval buildings. You’ll see its crisscrossed canals, the 13th-century belfry of Market Square, and charming patrician houses.
Evening/overnight cruise to Middelburg. (B,L,D)
Day 5: Middelburg, Holland - a spicy history in Middelburg’s Dutch harbour town
- Classic: Join a Guided Walking Tour of the historic merchant city of Middelburg—with its 15thcentury gothic Town Hall. You’ll learn about the spice trade of this Dutch harbour capital of Zeeland, its prosperity in the Dutch East India Company trading, and origins as a stronghold city. Enjoy its winding cobbled streets and canals that circle Old Town.
Spend some free time biking or walking through Middelburg to sample Babbelaar cookies, fries, or beer before cruising to Veere this afternoon.
Veere - the Delta Works stand strong as a technical marvel
- Discovery: Join a Guided Tour of the Delta Works, the largest fl ood-protection system in the world, and a miracle of modern technology.
Evening/overnight cruise to Willemstad. (B,L,D)
Day 6: Willemstad - Willemstad’s windmills and historic harbour
Enjoy a free morning on your own to explore the wellpreserved fortifi cations of this historic town.
- Active: Join your Avalon Adventure Host for an early jog in Willemstad.
- Classic: Join a Guided Tour of Willemstad and discover its many beautifully restored buildings from the 17th and 18th centuries
- Discovery: Later, enjoy a Cheese Tasting on board as you prepare to sail to Amsterdam.
Afternoon/overnight cruise to Amsterdam. (B,L,D)
Day 7: Amsterdam - canals of colourful Amsterdam
- Discovery: Discover the amazing Aalsmeer Flower Auction—the largest in the World, where
some 20 million fl owers are sold every day. Later enjoy an authentic Dutch breakfast, OR:
- Classic: Explore the iconic waterways of Amsterdam on a Guided Canal Cruise past stately homes of Amsterdam’s “Golden Age.”
You may like to join a Guided Optional Excursion to Muiderslot Castle, or a Guided Optional Biking Excursion to the Dutch countryside.
Take some free time to explore Amsterdam’s colourful streets and canal houses, galleries, and shops. Overnight docking in Amsterdam. (B,L,D)
Day 8: Amsterdam (disembarkation)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning.
*Special interest cruises -
Looking to enrich your adventures while you sail? A Beer Tasting cruise and Garden and Nature cruises are available to help you delve deeper into what you’re passionate about.
Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.